In this post we take a look at automatically converting important keywords into money making affiliate links.
Problem: Throughout your blog posts you repeatedly mention the same products and the same stores. You always want these keywords set as affiliated links pointing to the stores you promote.
Solution: The Simple Affiliate Links plugin can automatically convert specified keywords into affiliated links across all of your blog posts in an instant.
Creating affiliate links is as simple as typing the words into the post! For example I might want to promote a WordPress Book, or we can set our links to be cloaked, for example to promote eBay
Autolinking Keywords in WordPress
Autolinking is blindingly easy with the Simple Affiliate plugin, just follow three simple steps:
- You simply open up the link manager
- Paste in your destination link
- Add in the keywords that you want to be turned into this link in all of your WordPress posts!
It really is that simple! There are a few additional options that allow you to “no follow” links and chose how many times in a given post you want the keyword to be converted.
Style Your Automatically Generated Links
It is likely you’ll want to make these auto generated links slightly different in appearance:
- This can help draw the attention of your users to your money making links. By making them stand out you can improve your CTR (click through rate).
- A unique style can help aid disclosure. It is good practice, and in some regions a requirement, to ensure your readers understand which links you might profit from.
- I also find it helps me to see quickly which links are being auto generated and which were manually inserted into a post. This helps to continually revise my linking strategy.
You can set the links to be different colours, different underlining, or any of the usual “style” configurations.
Tips for chosing which Keywords to Auto Link
Here I share with you some tips on how I have used the plugin to build affiliate links throughout my sites.
I’d love to hear how you have used the plugin, please let me know in our forum!
Online Stores: I have all the common stores that I mention listed in my link manager table, so whilst writing a post I can mention eBay, PC World or even Marks and Spencer and the keywords automatically become money making links.
Specific Products: It seems obvious to auto link store names but unfortunately sending people to the home page of an online shop won’t produce spectacular conversion rates. Deep linking to specific products is always preferential. So on my blogs I set up deep links to the products I promote regularly. For example, if I am promoting a WordPress Book!
Want to try it yourself? Download the Simple Affiliate Links Plugin