This WordPress Amazon plugin has two ways to add products to a post.
You can either:
- Add a keyword into a new box on the post edit page
- Or you can place products directly into the post content using WordPress shortcodes.
This post takes a more detailed look at the second of the above two techniques.
Adding Amazon Products to WordPress
This is so simple to do, you just need to type the shortcode in as you are writing up your new blog post and the Simple Amazon Units plugin will do the rest!
For example, I might be blogging happily away about WordPress and think that readers of my post my be interested in reading one of the many affordable and professionally produced books out there on the market.
So I might enter:
[Amazon uk=wordpress us=wordpress]
And you’ll see the following appear in the post:You might be interested in:
The plugin is communicating live with Amazon’s we services to pick up the most relevant product and the latest price for both Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk.
How good is that?! Simple and quick. Enter the shortcode and carry on blogging!
How to Integrate Amazon Products into Post content
The shortcode has a number of options that you can choose to use should you want greater control of how the products are displayed. You don’t have to use them, if you want to keep it simple just stick to the default configuration.
The only essential option is to include the region followed by a keyword, so to show a product from Amazon.fr I would enter [Amazon fr=wordpress]You might be interested in:
Further configuration options include:
- Searchindex: Amazon’s advertising web service categorises products into different indexes. By selecting an index you can ensure you pick out Harry Potter books and not Harry Potter DVDs.
- Template: This allows you to select a specific template. For example if you are showing books you might want to include the author and a short description, alternatively you can create a custom template to display in content units in a specific way.
- Productcount: This controls how many products to display. The maximum number is limited by the number of products Amazon returns.
- Tile: You can choose to list products across the page or down the page. Just add tile=horizontal or tile=vertical to your shortcode.
The Simple Amazon Units plugin makes adding products from the Amazon catalog as simple as can be so you can start making money from your WordPress blog. Go and download it now and give it a go!