Looking for some good resources to help your site building? Check out this list. Many of these are mentioned in our extensive 10 step guide so you may wish to start reading through for more information!
- Google Keyword Tool: Chasing a particular keyword, then this tool is essential! You’ll get to know and love this in time. Enter your keywords, hit run, and see how many people are searching for it. Note that results are split into local and total, so if you are targeting a local term make sure you check the correct result. You will also want to show CPC amount to see what people are paying to bid on certain keywords.
- Sitemap Generator: A sitemap helps Google get a good idea of your sites layout. It won’t necessarily be the secret to spidering your entire site but it can help.
- Webmaster Tools: Essential tools for tracking problems with your site. Very useful for tracking down broken links and other errors with your site.
- W3: Check that your site meets the right coding standards. This ensures your site appears correctly to the maximum number of people (assuming the current version of IE actually adheres to the standards!) and a well coded site gives the impression that your site means business.
- Website Grader: Highlights some key mistakes, useful for the beginner looking for some starting points regarding SEO improvement.